In partnership with the Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, California Interscholastic Federation and the NFL Foundation, InSideOut California kicked off last week with hundreds of educational leaders in Los Angeles and San Diego, California.
Over two days of exploring transformational leadership and education-based athletics, here are some things we heard from educational leaders on their thoughts about leadership and healthy sports culture:
- A leader is someone who inspires, leads, and models behaviors that will positively impact our school community.
- ADs must create space for coaches and student-athletes to get opportunities so they can grow into better versions of themselves.
- Instead of technique, maybe we should talk about poise and commitment.
- Why do we have sports connected to the high school experience if they’re not going to be education-based?
- A leader is someone who wants the best for their students and challenges them to do their best on and off the field.
Special thanks to all of the incredible educational leaders who attended to learn more about reclaiming the educational purpose of athletics in our school communities. We look forward to a transformational partnership!