- 2011: Joe Ehrmann authored InSideOut Coaching: How Sports Can Transform Lives
- 2012: The Minnesota State High School League, Jody Redman and statewide athletic administrators conceive the transformational initiative WHY WE PLAY founded on teachings from InSideOut Coaching; How Sports Can Transform Lives
- 2013: WHY WE PLAY officially launches in Minnesota
- 2014: Joe Ehrmann invited to be a part of an advisory group by Roger Goodell to address male violence toward women in the wake of the Ray Rice assault case
- 2015: Joe Ehrmann and Jody Redman submit a grant to the NFL Foundation to establish the InSideOut Initiative.
- 2015: InSideOut Initiative launches in Colorado with the Denver Broncos and Colorado High School Athletic Association and in Texas with the Dallas Cowboys and the University Interscholastic League and Texas High School Coaches Association
- 2016: InSideOut Initiative launches in Ohio; with the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns discussions begin in California with the Los Angeles Rams and San Diego Chargers and the California Interscholastic Federation
- 2017: Funding is approved to implement the InSideOut Initiative in 4 additional NFL Markets